Police are warning Northwest Side residents after six homes were burglarized in the Dunning and Portage Park neighborhoods.
The burglaries happened in the last three weeks, according to the community alert from Area North detectives. At least one suspect broke into the homes through doors or windows and stole personal items.
The burglaries happened:
- between 9 p.m. Dec. 23 and 3 p.m. Dec. 26 in the 5500 block of West Dakin;
- about 1 p.m. Dec. 24 in the 5500 block of West Eddy;
- between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Dec. 24 in the 5500 block of West Eddy;
- between 7:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 6300 block of West Grace;
- between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 6300 block of West Cornelia; and
- between 2:15 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 5500 block of West Cornelia.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (312) 744-8263.
The two were outside about 4:20 a.m. in the 1300 block of South Throop Street when someone fired shots.
Officers responding to a shots fired call about 10 p.m. found the two in the 3800 block of West Ohio Street.
Officers responding to a person shot report found the man lying on a porch with multiple gunshot wounds.
One man, 34, was found in the 300 block of East Huron Street and died at a hospital. Another man later showed up at the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg.
The shooting happened about 1 a.m. in the 4800 block of West Iowa Street.