Chicago Police are warning residents of armed robberies involving two to four masked males on the West Side.
In each incident, the robbers cover their faces, walk up to the victims displaying handguns and take their property, according to a community alert from police.
The robberies happened at:
- 9:00 p.m. on Dec. 26 in the 3900 block of West Van Buren Street;
- 11:36 p.m. on Dec. 29 in the 4600 block of West Lake Street;
- 4:08 p.m. on Dec. 30 in the 3800 block of West Arthington Street;
- 9:00 p.m. on Dec. 31 in the 2900 block of West Lexington Street; and
- 7:46 p.m. on Jan. 19 in the 700 block of South Lawndale Avenue.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.
Michael McClain speaks to Craig Willert, a member of the speaker’s staff.
White Sox want to see Moncada’s 2019 form in 2023.
Ex-Madigan aide testifies in ComEd trial, the efforts to revive downtown and more in your Chicago news roundup
Today’s update is about an eight-minute read that will brief you on the day’s biggest stories.
Banda MS, Babyface Ray, Rico Nasty and The Marcus Roberts Trio are among the highlights for the spring concert season in Chicago.
Tunney, chairman of the Council’s Zoning Committee, came close to joining the race after his longtime friend and political ally, U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Ill., took a pass.