A 71-year-old man was found dead after a garage fire early Thursday in west suburban Cicero.
The fire was reported about 4:30 a.m. in a garage in the 3500 block of 57th Avenue, according to Ray Hanania, spokesman for the Town of Cicero.
Authorities believe the fire was started by a car that was left running in the garage, Hanania said. Joseph Lombardo was found dead inside the car.
Autopsy results released Friday found he died of carbon monoxide poisoning from inhaling car exhaust and thermal injuries, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. His death was ruled an accident.
Investigators found no evidence of foul play, Hanania said.