Minivans were the target of several vehicle thefts reported in March in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
At least six thefts or attempted thefts of Dodge Caravans were reported since March 17, according to an alert from Chicago Police. The Caravans targeted were between model years 2000 to 2006.
The incidents were reported:
• about 8 a.m. in the 5500 block of West Jackson;
• overnight March 19-20 in the 100 block of South Lotus;
• about 5 p.m. March 21 in the 5500 block of West Iowa;
• overnight March 22-23 in the 700 block of North Lockwood; and
• between March 26 and 28 in the 100 block of South Parkside.
Anyone with information should call Area North detectives at (312) 744-2070.
The man was taken to Stroger Hospital with blunt force trauma to his body and was pronounced dead, police said.
When Jim Thomas and his staff looked at their upcoming schedule back in November, the Downers Grove North coach had a very bright outlook.
Muhammad Baseer, 23, is charged with murder, reckless discharge of a firearm and other felonies in connection to a fatal shooting Feb. 28.
Despite high mortgage rates and a dearth of affordable starter houses, these families saw the upside of making the investment now.
Pride Night is scheduled for Sunday at the United Center, where the Blackhawks will skate against the Canucks.