Man charged with home invasions just minutes apart in Oak Lawn

SHARE Man charged with home invasions just minutes apart in Oak Lawn

Ivory E. Warren | Oak Lawn Police Dept.

A man is behind bars on $400,000 bond after being charged with a pair of home invasion/robberies that happened just minutes apart last fall in southwest suburban Oak Lawn.

Ivory E. Warren, 40, of the 9600 block of Wentworth Avenue in Chicago, was arrested April 11 and charged with home invasion with a dangerous weapon, according to Oak Lawn police.

Police were called about 2:30 p.m. on Sept, 13, 2016, to a report of a home invasion in the 4100 block of West 93rd Street in Oak Lawn, police said.

While officers were responding to that call, another home invasion call was reported less than a mile away in the 9600 block of South Kildare Avenue, police said.

“The description provided indicated the same offender was responsible for both incidents,” a statement from police said.

A gold chain was stolen from one home, and a diamond ring was taken in the other incident, police said.

Earlier this month, Oak Lawn and Chicago police identified Warren as a suspect and he was arrested, police said. He is suspected of “multiple counts of home invasion for offenses in Oak Lawn and Chicago.”

He is being held on a $400,000 bond on the Oak Lawn charge, and further charges could be filed. He will next appear in court May 8 in Bridgeview.

The Latest
The Black, Southern cuisine that the Harvey-raised chef learned at home has made Hyde Park’s Virtue the hottest spot on the South Side and made him a success on “Top Chef.”
In one of the attacks, a man was shot in North Kenwood after confronting three men trying to steal his car.
A 17-year-old girl said she was forced to put the infant in a carseat after a person she knew kicked in the door of a home in the 3800 block of North Richmond Street and struck her in the head, police said.
The man, 37, was arguing with a woman on the train when they exited onto the platform at the Fullerton stop and the woman stabbed him twice in the neck, police said.
The boy ran home and was taken to a hospital, where he was listed in fair condition, police said.