Five people were taken to a hospital on Friday night for chlorine exposure in the Belmont Central neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
Firefighters responded just after 9 p.m. to a home in the 2800 block of North Meade after someone mixed pool chemicals and caused a “bad reaction” that exposed two adults and three children to chlorine gas, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
All five were taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where they were in good condition, the fire department said.
If public health infrastructure isn’t strengthened, experts say the risk of more TB cases and deaths will increase worldwide, a Yale University physician writes. The U.S. should build on the momentum developed during COVID-19 to address TB.
Chicago can’t change what happened 10 years ago, when City Hall closed dozens of schools despite warnings that it was a terrible idea. But CPS is at a make-or-break moment now. The mistakes of the past should be motivation to do better for students moving forward.
Some of the tools that enabled us to adapt our small businesses during the pandemic are under threat as Congress considers legislation to regulate technology companies, a South Side business owner writes.
The woman getting married worries that her groom’s sister will go into labor before the wedding — or during it.
Choreographer Joshua Bergasse is re-staging the Tony Award-winning musical’s demanding footwork in a Lyric Opera production.