A southwest suburban man is facing felony charges after he accidentally shot himself Tuesday evening in west suburban Sandwich.
Just before 5 p.m., 24-year-old Parish Riley was sitting in a parked vehicle in Knights Park in the 1000 block of North Latham Street in Sandwich when he shot himself in the “lower extremities,” according to Sandwich police.
Riley, a resident of Plano, was charged with six felonies:
- Aggravated discharge of a firearm;
- Aggravated unlawful use of a weapon;
- Unlawful possession of a firearm by a street gang member;
- Unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon;
- Possession of a firearm without a FOID card; and
- Reckless discharge of a firearm.
Sandwich police did not immediately indicate Riley’s next scheduled court date.
Set on the South Side, the series is produced by Marsai Martin (“black-ish”) and centers around a trio of teen girls determined to become the best at their skating rink.
According to Everytown for Gun Safety, there already have been at least 58 unintentional shootings by children in 2023.
Replacing lead water pipes and protecting the Lake Michigan shoreline are just two challenges the next mayor will face.
Trea Turner homered twice to give him a tournament-leading four, driving in four runs to lead the U.S. to a 14-2 rout Sunday night.