Police are warning North and Northwest side residents after several businesses have been robbed in the Lake View, Logan Square and Hermosa neighborhoods since May.
In each robbery, a man entered the business and demanded cash, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. He implied he had a gun in one robbery and displayed a knife in another.
The robberies happened:
- about 1:50 a.m. May 12 in the 2800 block of North Ashland;
- about 3 a.m. May 13 in the 3900 block of North Sheridan;
- at 2:34 a.m. May 30 in the 2800 block of North Ashland;
- at 10:53 p.m. May 30 in the 2400 block of North Milwaukee;
- at 9:37 a.m. Wednesday in the 4400 block of West Grand;
- at 9:52 a.m. Wednesday in the 4700 block of West North; and
- at 7:33 p.m. Wednesday in the 1900 block of West Fullerton.
The suspect was described as a 30- to 40-year-old white or Hispanic man between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-11, weighing 200–280 pounds, police said. He wore various baseball caps and a black shirt or T-shirt.
Anyone with information on the robberies should contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.