The top 10 Chicago-area bass-fishing teams that qualified for the IHSA state finals June 14-15 at Carlyle Lake:
- Minooka: Heidecke champs, eighth state trip, advanced both boats
- Niles West: Skokie Lagoons champs, advanced both boats.
- Streamwood: Busse Main champs, seventh state strip.
- Grant: Eighth state trip.
- Wheaton-Warrenville South: Seventh state trip.
- Naperville North: Holiday champs, fifth state trip.
- Bradley-Bourbonnais: Braidwood champs, fifth state trip.
- Buffalo Grove: Chain South champs, All-American Tyler Lubbat.
- Providence: Des Plaines champs, Tyler Bomba.
- (tie) Wheaton St. Francis: Busse South champs; Woodstock North: Chain North champs.
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon returns to the city Sunday, Oct. 8.
Former Signature Room workers protest restaurant’s abrupt closure, seek back pay: ‘We are not going to stand for it’
Workers rallied outside the former John Hancock Center Wednesday over claims the restaurant violated state law.
Out of necessity, the Hawks used Dickinson in a more offensive role the second half of last season. Now back on a new-look fourth line with Nick Foligno and Corey Perry, though, he feels more at home.
The long-running sketch comedy show will premiere Season 49 on Oct. 14, NBC announced Wednesday.
NASCAR returns to Chicago despite pushback from politicians and downtown residents as Mayor Brandon Johnson cites new financial terms.