No one injured after dryer catches fire at Wheaton home

SHARE No one injured after dryer catches fire at Wheaton home
wheaton_fire.jpg

City of Wheaton

No injuries were reported after a clothing dryer caught fire Wednesday at a home in west suburban Wheaton.

Firefighters responded about 1 a.m. to a structure fire at a home in the 1300 block of East Illinois Street, according to the Wheaton Fire Department. The blaze, which appears to have started in the dryer and extended to an adjoining room, was brought under control within minutes.

The home’s occupants escaped safely, and no injuries were reported, the fire department said.

The fire was found to be accidental, and the home was deemed uninhabitable due to smoke damage, the fire department said. The estimated damage to the home wasn’t immediately made available.

The Latest
Senior Martese Whitehurst ripped off a 64-yard touchdown run on the first play of Goode’s 44-0 win against Vocational and it wasn’t even the highlight of his Thursday.
No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred about 5:40 p.m. Thursday near Clark Street Beach in Evanston.
Prosecutors warned jurors before testimony began last week that they would see evidence of graphic violence allegedly committed by the Wicked Town street gang.
“It’s my opinion that every owner and executive and U.S. soccer official who has repeatedly failed to protect the players, hidden behind legalities and have not participated fully in these investigations should be gone.”