Here’s a look at political and government events scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 15in Chicago and across Illinois.
- 10 a.m. — Mayor Rahm Emanuel will join Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson and Fire Commissioner Richard C. Ford II to honor first responders at the Carter Harrison Lambert Tree Awards ceremony. 121 N. LaSalle St.,City Hall council chambers.Read about Rahm’s final $10.7 billion spending plan, breezed through City Council on Wednesday.
- 10 a.m. – Reclaim Chicago activists hold a press conference to announce their first five aldermanic candidate endorsements in the 2019 City Council elections. City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle St., second floor outside the City Council chambers.
- 10 a.m. — Community activist William Callowaywill demand that Ald. Leslie Hairston return money given to her by Mayor Rahm Emanuel.Activist who helped force release of Laquan video will run for 5th Ward alderman
- 10:30 a.m. — Governor-elect JB Pritzkerwill announce the formation and members of the Healthy Children and Families Committee of the transition team at Children’s Home and Aid, the first social service agency he visited while considering his run for governor.Children’s Home and Aid, 125 S. Wacker Dr.
- 10:30 a.m. – Illinois Treasurer Michael Frerichs and AARP Illinois host an opportunity for employers to learn about the state’s Secure Choice Program, which “combats the retirement savings crisis facing our country by creating a portable retirement investment tool that travels with the worker.” Union League Club of Chicago, 65 W. Jackson.
- 10:30 a.m. — Environmentalists, residents and members of Canal Shores Golf Club protest proposal to build a road through the public course’s 10th fairway near Wilmette and Evanston. The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District is scheduled to vote on the issue. Metropolitan Water Reclamation District, 100 E. Erie St.
- 11 a.m. — Cook County Board President and mayoral candidateToni Preckwinkle will preside over a special meeting of the Cook County Board of Commissioners to affirm the FY2019 budget, as amended at the Finance Committee. Cook County Building, 118 N. Clark St., 5th Floor boardroom.What’s her policy road map for Cook County?
- 10 a.m. – (ZION) U.S. Rep. Brad Schneider hosts a Medicare Open Enrollment event for seniors in Illinois’ 10th Congressional District. Until 2 p.m. at Zion-Benton Public Library, 2400 Gabriel Ave. in Zion.
Madigan’s comments may not exactly find a place in the Chicago corruption lexicon, but most of the words previously attributed by the feds to Madigan are far more flat.
Netflix’s reboot, officially called “Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend,” will be a bingeable set of eight, 45-minute episodes released all at once.
Rich basketball and coach Jamere Dismukes are the perfect match.
Krejcikova, a Czech player who was seeded second at Roland Garros, lost to 97th-ranked Diane Parry 1-6, 6-2, 6-3.