police_lights4.png

Sun-Times file photo

Carbon monoxide from stove kills Broadview man

SHARE Carbon monoxide from stove kills Broadview man
SHARE Carbon monoxide from stove kills Broadview man

A man died from carbon monoxide poisoning Monday afternoon in west suburban Broadview.

Jimmi Marshall, 62, was pronounced dead just before 2 p.m. in the 2400 block of South 19th Street, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. He lived in the same block where he died.

An autopsy on Tuesday found Marshall died from carbon monoxide poisoning from improper use of a gas stove. Secondary causes included atherosclerosis and diabetes. His death was ruled an accident.

Broadview police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Latest
Gomez was a few days shy of 27 when a 14-year-old attacked him at the Cicero Green Line station, authorities said. His family described him as fiercely protective, fighting for custody of his son and planning on becoming a police officer.
Cubs catcher quickly moves past latest ejection — his third since last July 24 — and deals with losing and an uncertain future. “I’m really good where I’m at right now.”
A man was wounded by a security guard during a shootout at Millennium Park.
White Sox’ Grandal, Anderson, Yankees’ Donaldson at center of dustup; no punches or ejections
The suspects fired one gunshot but did not strike the security guard, police said.