Welcome to our morning article #afterdark, a roundup of crime (and more) happenings from around Chicago overnight.
- A 19-year-old woman suffered a graze wound early Wednesday in the Irving Park neighborhood on the North Side.
- About half an hour later, a manwas shot during an attempted robbery in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
- A person was wounded in a shooting in the drive-thru lane of a Steak ‘n Shake Tuesday evening in west suburban Batavia.
- Also Tuesday evening, a 39-year-old man was shot and critically wounded in the South Chicago neighborhood.
- A man broke into a woman’s home and sexually assaulted her Tuesday afternoon in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Kelly fue condenado el año pasado por tráfico de menores con fines sexuales y extorsión en una corte federal de Nueva York.
Juan Roldón atrajo a la joven hacia unos arbustos luego de acercarse a ella mientras caminaba sola hacia el baño después de un picnic familiar.
An attorney for Kelly used her opening statement to accuse prosecutors of waiting over two decades to bring a case “in a mob-justice climate” built around hashtags, documentaries and social media movements.
Coaches are quick to praise the Bears quarterback’s situational awareness. But there’s one situation Fields absolutely needs to transfer from the backfields of Halas Hall to the Lumen Field turf Thursday night: celebrating with his teammates in the end zone.