Welcome to our morning article #afterdark, a roundup of crime (and more) happenings from around Chicago overnight.
- A man was wounded Thursday evening in a Heart of Chicago neighborhood drive-by shooting on the South Side.
- A message posted to social media Thursday night threatening a shooting at an Aurora high school was “not credible,” according to police in the western suburb.
- A person was injured in a fire late Thursday at an apartment building in west suburban St. Charles.
- A man took himself to Mount Sinai Hospital early Friday after being shot in the Brighton Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
- At about 2 a.m., a person was shot at a gas station early Friday in south suburban Harvey.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Nearly half of the more than 60 prospective jurors screened on Monday were dismissed, some because of the hardship they’d endure if called to serve and others who said they could not be fair.
Thinking ahead to your next few meals? Here are some main dishes and sides to try.
Glenbard West’s Joey Pope enjoyed the Hilltoppers’ roll to the Class 4A basketball state title, but he thinks it’s time for the focus to return to the gridiron.