On the night of March 20, the political team at the Chicago Sun-Times offered live commentary as the results rolled in for the Illinois primary election.
The livestream featured analysis anchored by Sun-Times Washington Bureau Chief Lynn Sweet and co-hosted by Sun-Times columnist and editorial board member Mary Mitchell and Tom Bevan, co-founder of RealClearPolitics.
As our journalists raced to post their stories as the votes were counted, they joined us on the live news desk to share exclusive insights on the winners and losers – and what it all means for the Illinois 2018 general election.
Latest vote totals in Chicago area contested races:
- Main Page/Key Races
- Illinois Governor and Lieutenant Governor (Extended Results)
- Illinois Attorney General (Extended Results)
- Other Statewide Races
- U.S. Congressional Races
- Illinois State Senate Races
- Illinois State House Races
- Cook County Races (Non-Judicial)
- Cook County Judges Races
- Cook County Local Races and Referenda
- DuPage County (Countywide Races)
- Kane County (Countywide Races)
- Kendall County (Countywide Races)
- Lake County (Countywide Races)
- McHenry County (Countywide Races)
- Will County (Countywide Races)