Police are warning residents of an armed robber attacking pedestrians from behind in the Lake View, Roscoe Village, North Center and Park West neighborhoods on the North Side.
In eight robberies this month incident, the robber has targeted people walking alone on the sidewalk, Chicago Police said.
During one incident the robber, described as a male, showed a gun in his waistband. In another, he held a gun to a victim’s head, police said.
The robberies occurred:
- About 12:05 a.m. on May 14 in the 1300 block of West Wellington;
- About 12:20 a.m. on May 14 in the 1300 block of West Wellington;
- Between about 1 a.m. and about 1:15 a.m. on May 14 in the 2200 block of West Melrose;
- About 1 a.m. Thursday in the 1800 block of West Roscoe;
- About 1:05 a.m. Thursday in the 3500 block of North Leavitt;
- About 2:30 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of West Arlington;
- About 3 p.m. Thursday in the 1800 block of West Larchmont;
- About 5 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of West Byron.
No detailed description of the robber was available. After one robbery, he was seen fleeing in a dark colored Jeep or similar vehicle, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area North detectives (312) 744-8263.
UConn doled out another drama-free drubbing Saturday, getting 21 points and 10 rebounds from Adama Sanogo to dispatch Miami 72-59 and move one win from the school’s fifth national title.
Toews earned an assist in 14 minutes of ice time in the Hawks’ 6-3 defeat, but the fact he played at all was the notable part Saturday.
After allowing five goals in their last two games, the Fire earned their first shutout of 2023.
Data from the Illinois Board of Higher Education show Chicago State faculty to be amongst the lowest-paid public university professors in the state.