Police are warning of recent burglaries to homes in the South Side Washington Heights neighborhood.
In each of the burglaries, someone entered a house or apartment during the daytime and stole electronics and jewelry, Chicago police said in a community alert.
The burglaries happened:
- Monday in the 8900 block of South Ada Street;
- Jan. 30 in the 9200 block of South Bishop Street;
- Jan. 28 in the 9400 block of South Elizabeth Street;
- Jan. 14 in the 9300 and 9200 block of South Loomis;
- Jan. 8 in the 1500 block of West 89th Street; and
- Jan. 7 in the 9000 block of South Carpenter Street.
Police urged residents to secure their windows and doors, and to keep a record of their electronics’ serial numbers.
Anyone with information was asked to call detectives at (312) 747-8273.