Police are warning of recent burglaries to homes in the South Side Washington Heights neighborhood.
In each of the burglaries, someone entered a house or apartment during the daytime and stole electronics and jewelry, Chicago police said in a community alert.
The burglaries happened:
- Monday in the 8900 block of South Ada Street;
- Jan. 30 in the 9200 block of South Bishop Street;
- Jan. 28 in the 9400 block of South Elizabeth Street;
- Jan. 14 in the 9300 and 9200 block of South Loomis;
- Jan. 8 in the 1500 block of West 89th Street; and
- Jan. 7 in the 9000 block of South Carpenter Street.
Police urged residents to secure their windows and doors, and to keep a record of their electronics’ serial numbers.
Anyone with information was asked to call detectives at (312) 747-8273.
According to Everytown for Gun Safety, there already have been at least 58 unintentional shootings by children in 2023.
Replacing lead water pipes and protecting the Lake Michigan shoreline are just two challenges the next mayor will face.
Trea Turner homered twice to give him a tournament-leading four, driving in four runs to lead the U.S. to a 14-2 rout Sunday night.
Alvin Bragg tells staff the office will not be deterred by threats as it decides whether to charge the ex-president with crimes over hush-money paid to Stormy Daniels.