Police were warning South Siders about nine vehicle thefts reported over the past week in the South Shore, South Chicago and East Side neighborhoods.
An unknown thief or thieves have been swiping unattended vehicles, sometimes while they were left running to warm up, according to a community alert from Chicago police.
The incidents were reported:
- overnight March 3 in the 7700 block of South Luella;
- overnight March 4 in the 2400 block of East 82nd Street;
- between March 3 and 5 in the 2600 block of East 78th Street;
- overnight March 4 in the 8200 block of South Paxton;
- early morning March 5 in the 7900 block of South East End;
- overnight March 6 in the 7600 block of South East End;
- overnight March 6 in the 7700 block of South Coles;
- overnight March 6 in the 7600 block of South South Chicago; and
- overnight March 8 in the 8200 block of South Crandon.
Anyone with information on the thefts is asked to call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.
Génesis Silva, delincuente convicta y delincuente sexual registrada, fue acusado de encubrir la muerte de Brittany Battaglia.
What are sweepstakes machines? The gambling devices at the center of the latest public corruption trial
They look like slot machines, but they’re unregulated and untaxed thanks to loopholes in Illinois’ gaming laws.
Prosecutors disclose new details in stabbing death of woman in Logan Square, boyfriend ordered held without bail
Genesis Silva, 34, faces felony counts of concealing a homicide and unlawful use of a weapon in the death of his girlfriend, 33-year-old Brittany Battaglia, but he has not been charged with murder as police continue their investigation.
Brandon Johnson says you must live within Chicago to air an opinion about the city. He’s wrong.
El hombre fue identificado como Luis Alberto Aguilar Peres, de 26 años, oriundo de Venezuela.