Police are warning Back of the Yards residents to be on alert after a string of vehicle thefts in the South South neighborhood over the last month.
In each incident, the suspect targeted vehicles that had the keys inside them and the engines running, a community alert from Chicago police said.
The thefts occurred:
- at 1 a.m. March 8 in the 5400 block of South Halsted Street;
- between 2:30 a.m. March 12 and 12:43 a.m. March 13 in the 5200 block of South May Street;
- between the hours of 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. in the 4700 block of South Ada Street;
- between 8:02 a.m. and 8:09 a.m. March 21 in the 2000 block of West 47th Street; and
- between 7:50 p.m. and 7:54 p.m. March 23 in the 4800 block of South Ashland Avenue.
Police do not have a description of the suspect at this time.
Anyone with information should contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.