Police are warning residents about a spate of vehicle break-ins reported this week in the Loop.
A thief or group of thieves broke into vehicles parked on the street or in a garage by shattering their windows, according to a community alert from Chicago police. Once inside, they took property from “the compartment of the vehicles.”
The thefts occurred:
- About noon May 1 in the 200 block of South State Street;
- About noon May 1 in the 200 block of South LaSalle Street;
- At 11:21 a.m. May 1 in the first block of West Wacker Drive;
- Between midnight and 8 a.m. May 1 in the 200 block of North Clark Street;
- Between 3:30 p.m. May 1 and and 12:25 a.m. May 2 in the 200 block of South Wabash Avenue;
- At 11:26 p.m. May 1 in the first block of North Dearborn Street; and
- At 2:42 a.m. May 2 in the 300 block of South Michigan Avenue.
Four male suspects were taken into custody in connection with the break-ins on Dearborn Street, police said. No description was immediately available for those involved in the other thefts.
Anyone with information should call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8384.