A man died days after he was electrocuted while working in Little Village on the Southwest Side.
About 4:35 p.m. on Aug. 14, someone flagged down police in the 3900 block of West 26th Street and said their 30-year-old colleague had suffered an electric shock while cleaning business equipment, Chicago police said.
Emergency responders were able to resuscitate the man, and he was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition, police said.
The man, who lived in west suburban Stone Park, was pronounced dead at 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 18, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. An autopsy found he died from electrocution and ruled his death an accident.
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration has opened an inspection of his employer, Hood Cleaning Experts of Chicago, an OSHA spokesperson said. The agency has up to six months to complete an investigation and issue citations or penalties if any workplace safety violations are found.