State officials will host a resource fair next week for people looking for work in Homan Square on the West Side.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security and the YWCA will host the free fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Homan Square Community Center, 3517 W. Arthington St.
At least 18 public agencies or private employers will be on site looking to interview and hire applicants, including the U.S. Census Bureau, Rush University Medical Center and the Chicago Zoological Society.
The fair will also include workshops on identity theft, economic empowerment and career pathways. Prospective job seekers should dress for an interview and bring a state ID or driver’s license to the fair with them, along with multiple copies of their resumes.
More information is at illinoisjoblink.com.
The full list of employers includes:
- Superior Ambulance Service
- Rush University Medical Center
- Dayspring Janitorial
- Illinois Dept. of Children & Family Services
- Illinois Dept. of Financial & Professional Regulation
- Inner Voice
- Illinois State Police
- YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
- SEIU Local 1
- Chicago Zoological Society-Brookfield Zoo
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- United States Census Bureau
- Worldwide Flight Services
- Menzie’s Aviation
- BJ’s Market
- Chicago Lighthouse