clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Chlorine leak investigated at Barrington Village Hall

The Barrington Fire Department responded to a call of a suspicious odor about 10:30 p.m. at the Barrington Village Hall.

Barrington Village Hall
Barrington Village Hall
Google Maps

Emergency crews responded to a chlorine leak Saturday at the Village Hall in northwest suburban Barrington.

The Barrington Fire Department received calls of a suspicious odor about 10:30 p.m. at the Barrington Village Hall, 200 S. Hough St, Barrington fire officials said.

They found a small chlorine leak at a well site there and called the Lake County Hazardous Materials Response Team, fire officials said. Residents in the area were told to stay inside with their windows and doors closed until the situation was resolved.

Crews worked until 3:30 a.m. Sunday to isolate and stop the leak, officials said. No one was injured in the incident.