A man was found dead Monday in a bathroom at the Macy’s on State Street.
A security guard doing rounds while the store was closed found the man at 6:21 a.m. inside a restroom at the store, 111 N. State St., according to Chicago police.
The guard initially thought the man was sleeping, but called 911 after realizing he was unresponsive, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The homeless man, 22, died of an apparent drug overdose, police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said.
Area Central detectives are conducting a death investigation.