4 shot Wednesday in Chicago

A 19-year-old woman shot in Marquette Park was among the day’s shooting victims.

Two people were shot Nov. 11, 2019, in Chicago.

Four people were shot, Sept. 4, 2019, in Chicago.

Sun-Times file photo

Four people were wounded Wednesday in shootings across Chicago, including a 24-year-old man who was shot in West Garfield Park.

He was on a sidewalk about 9 p.m. in the 200 block of North Kostner Avenue when two vehicles drove up and three people got out with guns, Chicago police said.

They fired shots as the man ran away, police said. The 24-year-old was struck in the shoulder and finger, and was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in good condition.

The vehicles were last seen driving westbound on West End Avenue from Kostner, police said.

Earlier in the evening, a 19-year-old woman was wounded in a shooting in the South Side Marquette Park neighborhood.

She was on a sidewalk in the 7100 block of South Washtenaw about 6:45 p.m. when a vehicle approached her and someone inside fired shots, police said.

The woman was struck in the knee and taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said. She was listed in good condition.

A person was being questioned by detectives after a man was wounded by gunfire earlier in the afternoon in Bronzeville on the South Side.

A 22-year-old man was on a sidewalk about 4 p.m. in the 600 block of East 47th Street when a Jeep approached him and someone inside fired shots, police said.

The man was struck once in the leg and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, police said. His condition was stabilized.

Police said a person of interest was detained and questioned by Area Central detectives.

The day’s first reported shooting happened in Englewood on the South Side.

A 30-year-old man told police that he was sitting on a porch about 1 a.m. in the 7200 block of South May Street when a man in a red jacket approached him and opened fire before fleeing, police said.

He was struck in the leg and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where his condition was stabilized, police said.

Area South detectives are investigating the shooting.

On Tuesday, three people were killed and two more were wounded in citywide shootings.

The Latest
A cease and desist letter sent by the charter school network’s attorney Friday to the top lawyer at Chicago Public Schools said officials were “shocked to hear the reaction” of school board members who were highly critical of Acero at a public meeting Wednesday.
Conde was drafted by the Sky out of Florida State in the third round of the 2019 draft, but has yet to play a minute in the WNBA.
Marla Rose previously said that Fuentes pepper sprayed her and pushed her down the front steps of his west suburban home. Now he’s facing a misdemeanor charge.
In 2017, then-Ald. Danny Solis mentioned a “quid pro quo” while talking to Madigan about a deal. It should have sent Madigan running, but he kept relying on Solis, who was wired by the feds.
Take a moment to remember what happened in an instant 83 years ago and how that war’s many deaths reverberated for decades.