Bears GM Ryan Pace not expecting any more opt-outs for 2020 season

The Bears suffered a blow with defensive lineman Eddie Goldman exercising his option to sit out 2020 because of the pandemic, but they believe everyone else will be in the building.

SHARE Bears GM Ryan Pace not expecting any more opt-outs for 2020 season
Ryan Pace expects the rest of his roster will be available to play this season.

Ryan Pace expects the rest of his roster will be available to play this season.

Charles Rex Arbogast/AP

With the deadline for players to opt out of the 2020 season coming Monday, Bears general manager Ryan Pace believes the Bears won’t lose any additional players.

They took a hit Tuesday with veteran defensive tackle Eddie Goldman, a Pro Bowl alternate last season, using the opt-out because of concerns about the coronavirus pandemic. Pace said there was good communication between the team and Goldman and the organization is “respectful” of his decision.

Pace added that while it’s an “unpredictable” situation, he is not aware of any other Bears players who intend to skip the season.

“It’s such an individual decision, such a personal decision that we’re very respectful of,” he said. “I’m confident when your players get here and they see what we’ve done as a staff to the facility, using our entire footprint, I think it’s going to give a lot of confidence to our players and staff, and it should because we’ve taken all the measures we’ve can to make sure everybody feels really good about what we’re doing.”

The Latest
DACA es solo un ejemplo de la inacción del Congreso sobre la reforma migratoria.
Last year, the July Fourth weekend was a bloodbath on Chicago streets with over 100 people shot, 19 of them killed. Thirteen children were among the wounded, five of them shot within a nine-hour period.
Wilson dijo que los obsequios eran una forma de llegar a la comunidad latina y dijo que no esperaba nada a cambio.
Kelly también está a pocas semanas de otro juicio por cargos que podrían implicar penas aún más severas. El juicio de Kelly por pornografía infantil y obstrucción a la justicia en el tribunal federal de Chicago está programado para comenzar el 15 de agosto.