Read the FBI files here on the mysterious deaths of 2 Chicago cops
Dina Markham and Donald Markham. | Facebook
Subscribe for unlimited digital access
Try one month for $1!
As part of a continuing series of reports on the deaths of two Chicago cops, Sgt. Donald Markham and his wife Officer Dina Markham, the Chicago Sun-Times obtained a cache of previously unreleased FBI reports from its investigation of the case.
The records were obtained from the Cook County state’s attorney’s office in response to a public records request. Both agencies had looked into the Markhams’ deaths. Neither ended up filing any charges.
Below you can read the voluminous FBI files — which are in the folder labeled “FBI.” The two items labeled “manifest” provide a listing of each of the items included in the FBI files.
CLICK BELOW TO READ PAST COVERAGE:
• EDITORIAL: Why our city needs to care about Donald Markham’s death, March 22, 2018
• FBI files reveal cheating allegations in mysterious Chicago cop deaths, March 22, 2018
• No charges from state’s attorney in mysterious Chicago cop death, Jan. 28, 2018
• FBI report: Mysterious Chicago cop death ‘is best certified as a homicide,’ Jan. 12, 2017
• Medical examiner rebuffs FBI findings in mysterious Chicago cop death, Dec. 20, 2017
• New text messages emerge in mysterious Chicago cop deaths, Nov. 12, 2017
• Garbage man told: Dump bloody mattress ASAP in mysterious cop death, Oct. 8, 2017
• Chicago police threw out bloody mattress in mysterious cop death, Aug. 27, 2017
• Cop drank, drowned in bathtub amid FBI probe of cop husband’s death, July 18, 2017
• Another mystery in case of Chicago cop couple’s mysterious deaths, June 18, 2017
• Chicago cop couple’s mysterious deaths under investigation, June 1, 2017