Vitafusion gummy vitamin recall: Manufacturer cites reports of ‘metallic mesh’
The affected products were distributed from Nov. 13 to April 9. Here’s what consumers need to know and where to call toll-free for a full refund.
Some gummy vitamins sold under the popular Vitafusion brand are being recalled because they could contain pieces of metal.
In a recall notice posted on the federal Food and Drug Administration’s website, New Jersey-based Church & Dwight said it ”initiated a voluntary recall of select Vitafusion gummy products after the company’s investigation of two consumer reports identified the possible presence of a metallic mesh material.”
The products were manufactured from Oct. 29 to Nov. 3, according to the notice, which said the company is not aware of any reports of consumer illness or injury but warned that, in “some severe cases, ingesting a metallic material could lead to damage of the digestive tract.”
The affected products were distributed to stores and online retailers from Nov. 13 to April 9. A list of retailers that sold the products was not available.
Consumers who bought the affected vitamins should “stop consumption immediately” and can get a full refund by calling the company at the toll-free number 1 (800) 981-4710 “before disposing of the product.”
For illness or injury, the recall notice says to call 1 (888) 234-1828 toll-free.
List of affected vitamins
The recalled gummy vitamin products — including the Universal Product Code, lot code and expiration date — are listed below:
- Vitafusion Kids Melatonin, 50 count, UPC 0-2791-00170-8, lot code WA03076268, expiration date November 2022.
- Vitafusion Fiber Well, 220 count, UPC 0-27917-01984-0; lot code WA03087520, expiration date November 2022; lot code WA02487524, expiration date September 2022; and lot code WA03086273, expiration date November 2022.
- Vitafusion SleepWell, 250 count, UPC 0-27917-02524-7, lot code WA03077414, expiration date November 2022.
- Vitafusion MultiVites, 150 count, UPC 0-27917-01919-2, lot code WA03044959, expiration date April 2022.
- Vitafusion Melatonin, 44 count, UPC 0-27917-28011-0, lot code WA03076270, expiration date November 2022.
- Vitafusion Melatonin, 140 count, UPC 0-27917-02671-8; lot code WA03076990, expiration date November 2022; lot code WA03077852, expiration date November 2022; and lot code WA02608988, expiration date September 2022.
- Vitafusion Fiber Well, 90 count, UPC 0-27917-01890-4, lot code WA02187020, expiration date August 2022; lot code WA03086671, expiration date November 2022 and lot code WA03087521, expiration date November 2022.
Read more at USA Today.