Chicago R&B artist Jeremih is on the mend at home after a near-death scare with the coronavirus.
Jeremih left Northwestern Memorial Hospital this week after a three-week battle with COVID-19, TMZ reported Saturday.
Last month, Jeremih’s condition appeared dire when reports surfaced that he was in the intensive care unit and on a ventilator after experiencing complications from symptoms of COVID-19. That news prompted several celebrities, including Chance the Rapper and 50 Cent, to rally around the 33-year-old singer.
Jeremih’s health took a turn for the better two weeks ago and he was moved to a regular hospital room.
Since returning home, Jeremih told TMZ he’s “getting stronger” and looking forward to hanging out with his sons. He also thanked his family and friends who supported him and expressed appreciation for his fans who prayed for him.
Here’s what he told TMZ:
“I would also like to thank my family and friends for all their prayers and well wishes. I’m overwhelmed with gratitude. A special thanks to Chance The Rapper, 50 Cent and Diddy for their love and support...I would like to thank all my fans and people around the world who prayed for me. I’m getting stronger everyday, and look forward to spending time with my sons.”
Born Jeremy Felton, Jeremih grew up on the South Side of Chicago and attended Morgan Park High School and Columbia College Chicago. He burst onto the national music scene with his 2009 debut single, “Birthday Sex,” which peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. He’s since recorded three more top-10 hits and most recently released “Mih-Ty,” a collaborative album with Ty Dolla $ign in 2018.