Antonio Banderas says he’s doing relatively well after testing positive for COVID-19

Banderas said he would spend his time in isolation reading, writing and “making plans to begin to give meaning to my 60th year to which I arrive full of enthusiasm.”

SHARE Antonio Banderas says he’s doing relatively well after testing positive for COVID-19
Antonio_Banderas_Coronavirus.jpg

AP Photos

NEW YORK — Antonio Banderas says he’s tested positive for COVID-19 and is celebrating his 60th birthday in quarantine.

The Spanish actor announced his positive test in a post Monday on Instagram. Banderas said he would spend his time in isolation reading, writing and “making plans to begin to give meaning to my 60th year to which I arrive full of enthusiasm.”

“I would like to add that I am relatively well, just a little more tired than usual and hoping to recover as soon as possible following medical instructions that I hope will allow me to overcome the infection that I and so many people in the world are suffering from,” wrote Banderas.

A spokesperson for Banderas didn’t immediate respond to messages Monday.

Earlier this year, Banderas was nominated for the Academy Award for best actor for his performance in Pedro Almodóvar’s “Pain & Glory.”

The Latest
The man, 38, was sitting outside the building about 10 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of North Springfield Avenue when he was shot in the chest and head, police said.
“Pearl’s Rollin’ With the Blues: A Night with Felicia P. Fields” is a sizzling showcase from the Tony Award-nominated actress.
The officer was the second hurt by shattered glass in less than an hour early Sunday.
“You don’t need the ordinance, you need common sense,” Dr. Demetra Soter said. “This management company knew what to do and didn’t do it.”
Tierra Franklin was fatally shot Friday near the parking lot of a business in the 2500 block of South Kolin Avenue.