Police are warning Englewood residents about a string of burglaries reported in the last two months in the South Side neighborhood.
In each incident, a man in his 50s entered the homes through a rear window or door and stole property from inside, according to Chicago police.
The burglaries happened:
- overnight Oct. 15 in the 5600 block of South Green Street;
- about 3 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 5600 block of South Throop Street;
- about 8 a.m. Oct. 5 in the 5600 block of South Throop Street;
- between Sept. 30 and Oct. 5 in the 6200 block of South Elizabeth Street;
- between Sept. 25 and Oct. 6 in the 5900 block of South Aberdeen Street;
- about 8 p.m. Sept. 23 in the 5500 block of South Green Street; and
- between Sept. 17 and Sept. 25 in the 5900 block of South Aberdeen Street.
Anyone with information on the burglaries is asked to call Area South detectives at 312-747-8273.