Police are warning South Side residents of a rash of catalytic converters thefts over the last two weeks in the Bridgeport, Brighton Park and Back of the Yards neighborhoods.
Each of the thefts happened in the morning hours between Oct. 23 and Nov. 1, according to Chicago Police.
The thefts happened:
- between 8 a.m. Oct. 23 and 8 am. Oct. 24 in the 2800 block of South Wells Street;
- about 5 a.m. Oct. 25 in the 3100 block of West 42nd Place;
- between 9 a.m. and 11:50 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 4300 block of South Hermitage Avenue;
- about 8:50 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 400 block of West 42nd Street; and
- between 9 a.m. and 11:50 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 4800 block of South Loomis Boulevard.
Investigators believe a black Dodge Charger with Minnesota license plates was used in the thefts.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8380.