Police are warning Northwest Side business owners after a robber stole money from locations in Albany Park, Humboldt Park, Avondale, Bucktown and Austin in June.
In each case, a male shattered the front door of a business with a brick or blunt instrument before taking cash registers, safes and money, Chicago police said in an alert.
The burglaries happened:
• About 2:54 a.m. June 20 in the 3400 block of West Irving Park Road
• About 3 a.m. June 19 in the 4200 block of West Division Street
• About 5:29 a.m. June 19 in the 3400 block of West Belmont Avenue
• About 4:26 a.m. June 15 in the 2100 block of North Western Avenue
• About 3:56 a.m. June 13 in the 5200 block of West Chicago Avenue
The male is described as 6-foot-2 to 6-foot-4, 150-190 pounds and wearing dark clothes. In one incident, there’s evidence of two additional suspects and a vehicle, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies should contact Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.