Chicago police are warning business owners of five more reported ATM burglaries after four were already stolen or damaged in July from businesses in neighborhoods on the South Side.
In each incident the offenders broke into businesses and damaged or left with ATMs, according to a community alert from Chicago police. In some cases the power was cut off at these businesses.
The offenders were able to leave with the ATMs in burglaries that happened:
- Between July 26 and 27 in the 4300 block of South Campbell Avenue;
- July 27 in the 4200 block of South Rockwell Avenue;
- August 2 in the 300 block of East 61st Street;
- August 5 in the 3500 block of South Union Avenue;
- and August 5 in the 200 block of East 71st Street.
Police believe that two teenaged males, possibly in a white Chrysler and a black Mercedes, are involved.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area Central detectives at 312-747-8382.