Police are warning North Side residents after a string of vehicle thefts was reported in River North, Near North and Lincoln Park in August and September.
In each case, the vehicle was parked, unoccupied and left running with keys in the ignition, Chicago police said in an alert. The thieves drove off while the owner was distracted or away.
The thefts happened:
• In the afternoon hours Aug. 23 in the 600 block of North LaSalle Drive
• In the evening hours Aug. 29 in the 200 block of West Chicago Avenue
• In the afternoon hours Aug. 31 in the 100 block of West Ontario Street
• In the morning hours Sept. 6 in the 500 block of North Clark Street
• In the evening hours Sept. 9 in the 2200 block of North Lincoln Avenue
• In the evening hours Sept. 10 in the 800 block of North Clark Street
• In the morning hours Sept. 24 in the 600 block of North State Street
Police are looking for two males in connection with the thefts. One is described as 17 to 25 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 and 165-180 pounds. The other as 22 to 26 years old, 6 feet to 6-foot-2 and 130-150 pounds.
Anyone with information of the thefts is asked to contact Area Central detectives at 312-747-8382.