Thieves snatch phones from CTA riders in Loop, Near North Side: police
In each incident, the suspects approached passengers on a train and took their cellphone by force, police said.
Police are warning residents of thieves targeting CTA passengers in the Loop and Near North Side.
In each case, the suspects approached someone on a train and took their cellphone by force, according to a community alert from Chicago police.
The thefts happened:
- In the morning hours Dec. 18, 2019, in the 1600 block of North Clybourn Avenue;
- In the evening hours Dec. 18, 2019, in the 700 block of North Franklin Street;
- In the evening hours Dec. 31, 2019, in the 500 block of North State Street;
- In the afternoon hours Jan. 4 in the 800 block of North State Street; and
- In the evening hours Jan. 11 in the 800 block of North State Street.
The suspects were described as two males between the ages of 17 and 20, standing 5-foot-6 to 6 feet tall and weighing 140-170 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8380.