Police are warning West Town residents of five burglaries to homes.
In each incident, someone broke in by prying open a rear door, Chicago police said in a community alert.
The burglaries happened:
- between 9 a.m. Dec. 12 and 1 a.m. Dec. 13 in the 1400 block of West Superior Street;
- about noon Dec. 13 in the 1100 block of West Grand Avenue;
- about 3 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 1200 block of West Huron Street;
- between 8:45 a.m. and 7:05 p.m. Jan. 6 in the 500 block of North Elizabeth Street; and
- about 2 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 600 block of North Ashland Avenue.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8380.