Authorities are warning residents about a series of vehicle thefts reported last month in McKinley Park, Brighton Park, Gage Park and Fuller Park on the South and Southwest sides.
In each case, someone took a vehicle that was left running with the keys in the ignition, according to Chicago police.
The thefts were reported:
- At 6:57 a.m. Jan. 30 in the 5300 block of South Shields Avenue;
- About 5:40 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 3400 block of South Western Avenue;
- About 10:50 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 4600 block of South Wood Street;
- About 3:30 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 5000 block of South Winchester Avenue;
- Between 4 a.m. and noon Jan. 11 in the 5000 block of South Rockwell Street;
- About 7:15 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 3700 block of South Albany Avenue;
- Between 1:45 and 1:50 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 3100 block of West 42nd Street;
- About 7:20 p.m. Jan. 4 in the 2400 block of West 47th Street; and
- About 2:30 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 2200 block of West 37th Street.
No suspect description was available, according to police.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8382.