Police are alerting Lincoln Square residents after a half dozen vehicles were stolen while they were left running and unattended in the North Side neighborhood.
The six thefts happened in less than a week, Chicago police said. In each case, the owner’s car was stolen while they left the vehicle running with the keys inside.
The thefts happened:
- about 5 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 5700 block of North Glenwood Avenue;
- about 4:45 p.m. Jan. 1 in the 5700 block of North Lincoln Avenue;
- about 3:30 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 5400 block of North Western Avenue;
- about 9:10 a.m. Dec. 31 in the 5100 block of North Lincoln Avenue;
- about 9 a.m. Dec. 29 in the 5000 block of North Ashland Avenue; and
- about 6:50 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 5000 block of North Lincoln Avenue.
Police didn’t give a description of the suspect or suspects.
Police asked anyone with information to call Area Three detectives at 312-744-8263.