Police are alerting Lincoln Square residents after a half dozen vehicles were stolen while they were left running and unattended in the North Side neighborhood.
The six thefts happened in less than a week, Chicago police said. In each case, the owner’s car was stolen while they left the vehicle running with the keys inside.
The thefts happened:
- about 5 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 5700 block of North Glenwood Avenue;
- about 4:45 p.m. Jan. 1 in the 5700 block of North Lincoln Avenue;
- about 3:30 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 5400 block of North Western Avenue;
- about 9:10 a.m. Dec. 31 in the 5100 block of North Lincoln Avenue;
- about 9 a.m. Dec. 29 in the 5000 block of North Ashland Avenue; and
- about 6:50 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 5000 block of North Lincoln Avenue.
Police didn’t give a description of the suspect or suspects.
Police asked anyone with information to call Area Three detectives at 312-744-8263.
Capt. Brian Gentile had kids bring the magic again for big Chinook on Storm Warning Charters out of Burnham Harbor.
LAFC won both the Supporters’ Shield and the MLS Cup last fall, but fell short of an unprecedented treble for an MLS club.
Craig pitched for three championship teams during his major league career and then managed the San Francisco Giants to the 1989 World Series that was interrupted by a massive earthquake.
A bipartisan majority in Congress passed the Clean Water Act in 1972 because rivers were on fire, fish were dying, and Lake Erie was labeled “functionally dead.” The Supreme Court should not be allowed to rewrite the Act and ignore 45 years of practices to protect the environment and public health.
Calls to 311 for shelter have surged since migrants began arriving here by the busload, the third such surge since 2019. Fixing the overburdened system will be a tough test for Mayor Johnson’s administration.