Two people were killed and 11 others were wounded in shootings in Chicago Tuesday.
- One of the fatal attacks happened in Englewood on the South Side about 5:15 p.m. A 25-year-old man was in the 7000 block of South Normal Avenue when someone opened fire, striking him in the body and throat, Chicago police said. He was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center. His identity has not been released.
- Two gunmen shot and killed a man in Metcalfe Park near Bronzeville on the South Side. The 29-year-old was found in the park in the 4200 block of South State Street around 7 a.m., police said. He was shot once in his head and once in his chest by two people who ran away, police said. The man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center and pronounced dead.
- Two boys, 15 and 17, were shot in Lawndale on the West Side. The teens were outside in the 1600 block of South Avers Avenue when someone fired shots just after 10 p.m., police said. The 15-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and was listed in fair condition at Stroger Hospital. The 17-year-old was struck in the left leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was listed in fair condition.
- A 2-year-old boy and a 32-year-old man were critically wounded in a shooting outside a home in West Humboldt Park. They were in front of the home in the 1500 block of North Tripp Avenue when a dark-colored car pulled up and someone got out and began firing about 7:25 p.m., police said. The 2-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the left leg and the 32-year-old was struck in the face. They went to Saint Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center and were transferred to Stroger Hospital, both in critical condition.
- Minutes earlier, two teens were shot in Lawndale on the West Side. A 16-year-old boy and 18-year-old man were near an alley in the 4200 block of West Roosevelt Road when a car approached and someone inside fired shots, police said. The 16-year-old was struck on both sides of his body and the older teen suffered a gunshot wound to the knee. They were both taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition.
- A woman was seriously wounded in East Garfield Park on the West Side. About 5:35 a.m., the woman, in her 40s, was found unresponsive in the 3900 block of West Jackson Boulevard with a gunshot wound to her cheek, police said. She was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
Four others were wounded in shootings across the city.
One person was killed and eight others were wounded in shootings in Chicago Monday.
Talking with the Sun-Times on Friday, White discussed the opinions of him over the years - the media’s included - as well as how he’s not hidden from those opinions and actually used them to his benefit.