8 wounded, 2 fatally, in shootings across Chicago Wednesday
Dezmond Radcliffe, 25, was shot and killed at a gas station in West Pullman. Another man was fatally shot in an East Garfield Park business.
Two men were killed and six people were wounded by gunfire in Chicago Wednesday.
- A man was shot to death at a gas station in West Pullman about 9:20 a.m. Two gunmen opened fire on Dezmond Radcliffe, 25, in the 11600 block of South Michigan Avenue, Chicago police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The gunmen drove away in a silver car.
- A man was fatally shot inside a business in East Garfield Park about 4:10 p.m. Someone approached him and shot him in his chest with a handgun in the 200 block of North Pulaski Road, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he died. His name and age were not released.
- Two men were shot and critically wounded during an argument Wednesday morning in Chicago Lawn. They were arguing with a person they knew around 8:40 a.m. in the 6800 block of South Campbell Avenue when the person shot them, police said. A 27-year-old man was shot multiple times in the body. The other man, whose age is unknown, was shot in his head. Both were taken to Christ Medical Center. A person was taken into custody.
- About five minutes later, a man was seriously injured in a shooting in Auburn Gresham. The 48-year-old was standing outside about 8:45 a.m. in the 8800 block of South Lowe Avenue when someone left a vehicle and fired at him, police said. He was transported to Christ Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds.
- Another man was listed in critical condition after he was shot about 3 miles away Wednesday morning in Chatham. The man, 59, was outside about 11:45 a.m. in the 7900 block of South Maryland Avenue when he was shot in his neck and shoulder. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center.
At least two other people were shot Wednesday in Chicago, including an 83-year-old man wounded around 10:30 p.m. while driving in Austin. He, as well as a 22-year-old woman grazed earlier in the day on the Near West Side, were hospitalized in good condition.