Armed robbers target passengers near CTA, Metra stations across Chicago
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Armed robbers have targeted passengers this week as they get off trains across the city, police said.
In each incident, the suspect walked up to a person who was getting off a train, showed a weapon and demanded property, according to Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- Between 11:45 p.m. Dec. 25 and midnight Dec. 26 in the first block of West Harrison Street, near Metra’s LaSalle Street Station and a few blocks west of the CTA’s Harrison Red Line station;
- Between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Dec. 26 in the 200 block of South State, between the Monroe and Jackson Red Line stations;
- At 12:09 a.m. Dec. 27 in the 200 block of West 47th, near the 47th Red Line station;
- About 12:45 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 200 block of South State; and
- Between 3:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 900 block of West Fullerton, near the Fullerton Red Line station.
The suspect was wearing a dark, hooded coat with a tan scarf, faded jeans and tan boots, police said.
Anyone with information was asked to call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.