Five homes burglarized on Northwest Side
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents about five recent burglaries in the Jefferson Park, Portage Park and Forest Glen neighborhoods on the Northwest Side.
In each case, the suspect or suspects have broken into apartments and homes through windows or doors to take electronics, jewelry, cash and other items, Area North detectives said in a community alert.
All of the burglaries have happened since Dec. 24, mostly during the daytime and early evening hours, police said. The locations of the burglaries include:
- the 5600 block of North Central between 5:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. Dec. 24
- the 5000 block of West Carmen between 9 a.m. and 9:15 p.m. Dec. 30
- the 4400 block of North Lamon between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 1
- the 5000 block of West Windsor between 7 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Jan. 5, and
- the 5500 block of West Wilson between Jan. 4 and Jan. 6
Residents should make sure their doors and windows are locked, and should pay special attention to anyone loitering in the area, the alert said.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (312) 744-8263.