No bond for man charged with shooting 3 in drive-by attack
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Bond was denied for a 28-year-old man facing attempted murder charges for a drive-by shooting that left three men injured–one of them critically–last year in the South Chicago neighborhood.
Bernard Williams, of the 8500 block of South Marquette, is charged with three counts of attempted murder, aggravated battery with a firearm and discharging a firearm near a school, according to Chicago Police.
Williams was in a passing vehicle when he opened fire on a group of people as they stood outside about 3 p.m. on Aug. 3, 2014 in the 8600 block of South Colfax, police said.
A 32-year-old man shot in the left leg, forearm and lower back was taken in critical condition to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said.
A 33-year-old man was sent to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, and a 27-year-old man shot in the torso and left arm was taken to Christ Medical Center as well, police said. They were both listed in good condition after the shooting.
A judge ordered Williams held without bond on Tuesday, according to the Cook County sheriff’s office. His next court date is Thursday.