Police warn of armed robberies in Archer Heights
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents of the Southwest Side about a recent string of armed robberies in the Archer Heights neighborhood.
In each incident, the robbers walked up to someone on the street, pulled out a gun and demanded property, according to a commuter alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies occurred:
- About 12:55 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 4800 block of South Kolin;
- About 9:10 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 4700 block of South Kedvale;
- About 10 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 4600 block of South Harding;
- About 6 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 4900 block of South Kilbourn; and
- About 1:55 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 4100 block of West 47th Street.
Two of the robbers are described as Hispanic men between 18 and 26, standing 5-feet-5 to 6-feet ,and weighing 160-200 pounds, police said. A description of a third male suspect was not available.
Anyone with information should call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.