Police warn of armed robberies on South Side
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents about of recent string of armed robberies in the Bronzeville and South Loop neighborhoods on the South Side.
In five incidents, someone walked up to vehicles parked on the street, displayed a black handgun and demanded the victim’s property and/or vehicle, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- About 9:30 p.m. Oct. 23 in the 2500 block of South Calumet;
- About 8:10 p.m. Oct. 24 in the first block of East 21st Street;
- About 2 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 2800 block of South Michigan;
- About 2:52 a.m. Nov. 11 in the first block of East 21st Street; and
- About 8:50 p.m. Nov. 14 in the 2400 block of South Wabash.
The suspects were described as black males, thought to be between 15 and 26 years old, wearing black hoodies, black pants and a skeleton mask, with goatees, police said.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8384.