Six homes burglarized in South Shore
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Authorities are warning residents about six burglaries this month at homes in the South Shore neighborhood.
The suspects are thought to be one or two teen boys about 16 to 18 years old, who break into homes through a side entrance or rear window, South Chicago District police said in a community alert. The burglaries happened:
- Between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 7600 block of South Constance;
- Between 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 7900 bock of South Ridgeland;
- At 11:16 a.m. Aug. 13 in the 7600 block of South Cregier;
- Between 10 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 7600 block of South Ridgeland;
- At 4:06 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 7700 block of South Cregier; and
- Between 4:45 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 7700 block of South East End Ave.
Anyone with information and anyone who sees suspicious activity in the area should contact police immediately.