String of burglaries reported in Ukrainian Village, Tri-Taylor
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents about a series of burglaries this week in the Ukrainian Village and Tri-Taylor neighborhoods.
In five recent incidents, burglars walked up to victims before battering and robbing them, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The burglaries happened:
- about 1:35 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of South Bell Avenue;
- about 3:10 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of North Leavitt Street;
- about 2 a.m. Friday in the 900 block of North Honore;
- about 2:15 a.m. Friday in the 2100 block of West Iowa Street; and
- between 2:40 a.m. and 2:50 a.m. Sunday in the 2100 block of West Haddon Avenue.
The burglars are described as two to seven black males, between the ages of 16 and 25, standing between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-11, weighing between 150 and 170 pounds and possibly driving a black or dark-colored Chevrolet SUV, police said.
Anyone with information on the burglaries should call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.