String of garage burglaries reported on Far South Side
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents about a string of recent garage burglaries in the Morgan Park and Beverly neighborhoods on the Far South Side.
In each incident, a burglar gained entry to a garage between midnight and 10:30 a.m. by either breaking a window or prying a garage door open, according to an alert from Chicago Police. The suspect then stole tools and lawn equipment.
The burglaries happened:
- Oct. 5 in the 11100 block of South Artesian Avenue;
- Oct. 9 in the 2500 block of West 117th Street;
- Oct. 12 in the 11100 block of South Longwood Drive;
- Saturday in the 2400 block of West 113th Street;
- Tuesday in the 11100 block of South Bell Avenue;
- Tuesday in the 10600 block of South Leavitt Street; and
- Wednesday in the 2500 block of West 109th Street.
Anyone with information about the burglaries should call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.