If you love country music and you love barbecue, Chicago’s 6th annual Windy City Smokeout is the place to be July 13-15.
Twenty local and national barbecue eateries will be on tap this year at the music/food/craft beer festival, which takes place on Grand Avenue at the Chicago River.
The food lineup announced today includes:
• Bub City (Chicago); Pitmasters: Doug Psaltis, Christian Eckmann
• 17th Street Barbecue (Murphysboro, IL); Pitmasters: Mike Mills, Amy Mills
• Against the Grain (Louisville, KY); Pitmaster: Andrew Ott
• Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q (Atlanta); Pitmasters: Jonathan Fox, Justin Fox
• Hogapalooza (Wynne, AR); Pitmaster: Kelly Dallas
• Home Team BBQ (Charleston, SC) Pitmasters: Aaron Siegel, Taylor Garrigan
• Hometown Bar B Que (Brooklyn); Pitmaster: Billy Durney
• Jack’s Old South (Rochelle, GA); Pitmaster: Myron Mixon
• Leroy & Lewis BBQ (Austin, TX); Pitmaster: Evan Leroy
• Lillie’s Q (Chicago); Pitmasters: Charlie McKenna, Quito McKenna
• Little Miss BBQ (Phoenix, AZ); Pitmaster: Scott Holmes
• Louie Mueller Barbecue (Taylor, TX); Pitmaster: Wayne Mueller
• Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint (Nashville); Pitmaster: Patrick Martin
• Pappy’s Smokehouse (St. Louis); Pitmaster: Skip Steele
• Peg Leg Porker (Nashville); Pitmaster: Carey Bringle
• Rodney Scott BBQ (Charleston, SC); Pitmaster: Rodney Scott
• Sam Jones BBQ (Winterville, NC); Pitmaster: Samuel Jones
• Smoque BBQ (Chicago); Pitmaster: Barry Sorkin
• The Salt Lick (Driftwood, TX); Pitmaster: Scott Roberts
• Ubons (Yazoo City, MS); Pitmaster: Leslie Roark Stark
On the music front, the weekend boasts Grammy nominees the Brothers Osborne, CMA winner Brett Eldredge and CMA nominee Brett Young. Also on the lineup are Cody Johnson, Aaron Lewis, Ashley McBryde, the Turnpike Troubadours and Jamie Lin Wilson, among others.
Festival passes, $40-$509, will be available at www.windycitysmokeout.com beginning at 10:30 a.m. today.